Pages

Sunday 2 January 2011

After A Year Away.....

I guess 2010 wasn't really the year I should've stepped away from birding in order to concentrate on my advancement at work!!... Too many county ticks slipped past... A Wryneck on Titterstone Clee (which I did try for... twice!!), a Turnstone (at Mire), a Little Tern (at Mire), a Sandwich Tern ( 1 at Mire plus another at VP) & worse of all.... Shropshire's first Whiskered Tern!!! A juv. at VP!!... Damn it!!
I did however manage one county tick, a rather splendid full summer pl. White-winged Black Tern (once again.... at Mire!!)... Plus I did see a few Smew at the start of 2010 (3 redheads at VP), my 2nd county Red-breasted Merganser (at Colemere) & ended the year with 20 odd Waxwing at Sainsbury's in Shrewsbury/Meole!!...
So.... 2011 and a new start!! No targets, no goals & no lists... Let's just see what happens!! Although I would like 1 county tick (for the Shrops. 200!!) and 8 UK lifers for the 300!!...
Worked yesterday morning till 2pm, but en route home I stopped at Cound to see the 31 Bewick's Swan & 3 Whooper Swan!!... 2 great species to net so easily & on New Years Day... Not seen Bewick's in Shropshire since the 5 birds at Cressage bridge way back in 2004!!...
So... it's started... I'm looking forward to getting myself back into my birding, maybe even find a decent county bird plus notch up a few lifers!!?... Cheers all, J.

No comments:

Post a Comment