Pages

Wednesday 5 January 2011

The Curse of the Camera!!!

Okay, so today is hardly a good weather day for trying to photograph birds outside, but pretty certain that the Allgold Dr. Waxies weren't going anywhere & being probably the only birder who aint managed to photograph a Waxie yet I thought I'd take my camera back to Allgold Dr. & try to take a half decent pic of these charismatic birds!!...
I waited for a break in the clouds & set off just before 2:30pm. As I arrived at the entrance to Allgold, the Waxwing's were doing a fly past around the estate, calling as they went!
So, excellent start... they're here... So, I parked opposite the sorbus bush & using the car as a hide waited for the birds to land & settle... Which they did... for aprox. 5 seconds (the time it took me to get my camera out, lower the car window & point it at the tree they were perched in, before they immediately flew off again!!...
They did a couple of fly pasts, but after 15 minutes they had disappeared over the estate. Not wanting to get arrested (a bloke alone in a car, outside someone's house with binoculars & a camera didn't look too good!!), I decided to head back home for a cuppa & maybe try again tomorrow....
So, as I cant wow you with any Waxwing pix, here are some of the Cound Bewick's Swan's from New Year's Day instead!!...



Right... Cuppa tea for me & relax & watch The Outlaw Josie Wales....Work again tonight ~ Joy!!....

No comments:

Post a Comment