Pages

Tuesday 4 January 2011

Waxwings in Shrewsbury!!!....

Totally fab or what?... After the serious cold snap relented a bit most of the huge Waxwing influx from last year seemed to have diminished a tad! But, a text from good 'ol Damo yesterday reported a flock of 18 Waxwing at Allgold Dr. just off the 'column' island in Shrewsbury!!
I was working a split shift yesterday, so never made it. But I was up at midday today & as soon as I'd managed to chip the sleep from my crusted-up eye's & get them open, find some energy, I was in the Argo Mk.II & driving the short distance to see if they had remained!
I was very pleased to see that when I arrived Paul was there with his camera set up & the stars of the show were perched in a nearby Ash tree (it was an Ash, wasn't it Paul?) & that there were now 19 Waxwing present!!
They made a short fly to the sorbus bush that was the main reason for them being there, before returning to their chosen perch again. Happy with my views, but not so happy that I'd left my camera at home, so had to use my bleedin' mobile to whack a couple of totally useless pix off, I left Paul (now joined by Rob also) & went off to brave the chaos of shopping at Sainsbury's...
A good start to 2011 with Bewick's & Whooper Swan & now Waxing in the bag!!.... Bostin'!!!...
 19 Waxwing perched in the...whatever type of tree it is...??...
Here's 2 Waxwing perched in the sorbus... still no better an image for those who dont know what a Waxwing looks like... so....
....Here's a much better pic of one, so you can see just how cool these birds are...!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment